THE FIRST



Remembering the first time we met, my first impression of you,
That tingly little feeling that lit up stars in my life,
And the rush that came and aroused butterfly in my stomach.

Spell bounded by Our first conversation
Our first touch and first kiss was like a dream come true,
The first time you held me close to you and made me feel your warm embrace,
Must say, your heart beat was as fast as mine.


O I remember, the first time you used to powerful three words
To me they were the nicest of all words
For so long I could recall, from you, these words I want to hear.

Reminiscing on our first date,
That beautiful night we had our first dance,
It was magical I must confess, and it graced my heart,
It wasn’t exactly my first dance, but again, it was my first romance.

Your first compliment left me in a mesmerized state,
The excitement wasn’t that of wearing a gorgeous dress,
But of the quiet nobility of you loving it. 

Still recall the first night we spent together,
Lying next to you and watching you fall asleep,
Every breath you take takes my breath away.
In my thoughts, no other sight will I want to see than this.

Remember the first time we had to part ways,
It was sad knowing you had to go your own way,
How I wished we could be together forever.
But the promise was to stay strong and keep in touch,
It was all for a better future or so we hoped.

Damn, I remember the first time we spent days without communicating,
It was the longest and loneliest of all my days.
Sadly, reminiscing on our first big fight,
Expressing myself was hard, so I held it in.
Communication became less and meaningless.

So we decided it was time to have our first breakup.
We were hurting and needed time to heal individually,
And we were young, Our lives ahead of us.
We could still see a future together and still had hope for it.
But the seconds turned to minutes, the minutes to hours,
The hours to days, the days to weeks,
The weeks to months and the months to years,
And that was the first year we spent apart without communicating.

The sadness that came with our first heartbreak,
It wasn’t on the day we broke up,
But when we came to realize that the love we shared was gone
And the future we hope for will forever be impossible.

For the first time, we bumped into each other after five years,
I bet we had so much we wanted to say,
But it was best to leave things as they were.
We said our goodbyes and parted ways.

Looking back, I realized that we are now strangers that were once so close.
Words can’t express the love we shared and nothing can quantify it,
Over the years, I’ve had several others,
But ours is special, for you are my first.

Comments

Popular Posts